A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Space, Time, and Bright Colorful Spiders
They live, work, and die on a time machine they didn't invent and can't control. You are their Overlord. Help them learn, grow, and thrive.
Use the Claw Tool to assign each spider a work area, or send them off to fetch food and building materials. Balance risk and reward by growing your population or hoarding critical resources. In Time Spiders, every task must be accomplished using tools and resources physically present on the map. If you over-extend yourself, your spiders will suffer.
The time spiders encounter different opportunities, and dangers, in each time zone they visit. The Rust zone represents a time when plants first began producing oxygen, causing any free iron to rust away. The Shade zone represents a time far in the future after all of the stars have burned out and nothing remains but darkness and terror.
To survive, you'll need to expand the time complex, build new machines, grow food, and launch vessels that transport goods and across the map.
Where We Came From
Time Spiders was inspired by both the early "sim" games like SimEarth and SimAnt, as well as modern building games like Minecraft and Space Engineers. But most people will probably recognize it as a management game in the vein of Rimworld or Factorio.
Where We're Going
Future versions of Time Spiders will include:
- A larger map size (done, 2019-07-17)
- Player-buildable ships that travel around the map (done, 2019-07-17)
- More monsters tailored to the different environments (done, 2019-07-17)
- Learn more about each time zone you visit
- Pumps to quickly move fluid resources around the map
- Pickup and drop some installations using the claw
- Stockpile solid resources and move then using the claw
This is the second published technical demo. To keep up with the latest updates, follow me here on itch.io, or twitter.
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- gitlog 2019-07-0613 days ago